Monday, September 19, 2011

Everything Old is New Again


WEEKEND PROJECT #1
I bought this lamp at TJ Maxx for $40 with the intention to paint it, and use it in my nursery.  Never did I think it would turn out as well as it did!
 In two easy steps, I've created a brand new look!  All it took was a can of white spray paint...I wrapped the parts I didn't want painted in aluminum foil.
 Once everything was wrapped, I took it outside to paint.  Here's the base with a fresh coat of paint...
 Step Two: freshen up the shade.  I chose to paint the shade with Tulip fabric paint.  This just happened to work out perfectly...if it hadn't worked out, I planned to wrap the shade with fabric.  But luckily for me, the shade took the paint well and it looked really good!
 ...and the result! I love it!

WEEKEND PROJECT #2
So I've had this bookcase for a few years now - I think it might have cost about $20 at Target or Wal-Mart.  For years now, it's been holding my school books and I keep telling myself that one day I'm going to cover the back with some fabric to freshen it up and add a punch of color and pattern.  Well, now that I'm done with school and have moved my now-empty bookcase into the nursery, I decided it was finally time!
Here's the fabric I chose:
 Since my bookcase was already assembled, I had to remove the back in order to attach the fabric.  Once the back was off, I used spray adhesive to coat the back.
Next, carefully lay the fabric on top of the back and smooth out any wrinkles.
Then, flip the back over to trim any excess fabric.
 Once, glued and trimmed, re-attach the back to the bookcase and you're done!
What do you have lying around that can use a fresh coat of paint or a fabric accent?


22 comments:

  1. Hiya
    I cant remember how I found your blog (I think someone posted it on facebook) and read this post on my phone last night....but I had to come and see on a proper screen cos I just loved what you done to your bookcase!! Now I know how to bring my boring one to life!! You have some great ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog you have.
    Thanks for sharing all your good ideas.

    Cat kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Free Chicago Covid Test

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Free Chicago Covid Test

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so refreshing to see a post that talks straight to the point. thanks so much for writing about this it has really helped me with building my experience. thanks a lot



    siberian husky puppies for sale near me
    Siberian Husky puppies
    Siberian Husky puppies for adoption
    Siberian Husky puppies breeders near me

    white Siberian Husky puppies

    ReplyDelete
  6. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anxiety and Panic Attacks can be cured!
    The goal of all treatment for Anxiety and Panic Attacks is the alleviation of symptoms.


    stilnoct online sverige

    køb imovane i sverige

    köp oxycodone i sverige

    reductil köpareductil köpa

    valium 10mg

    xanax 2 mg

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking your medicine as prescribed or medication adherence is important for controlling chronic conditions,
    treating temporary conditions, and overall long-term health and well-being. A personal connection with your health-care
    provider or pharmacist is an important part of medication adherence


    tramadol pris

    tramadol 100mg

    imovane

    køb tramadol i sverige

    ReplyDelete
  10. Att ta ditt läkemedel enligt föreskrifter eller medicinering är viktigt för att kontrollera kroniska tillstånd.
    behandling av tillfälliga tillstånd och övergripande långvarig hälsa och välbefinnande. En personlig koppling till din vård
    leverantör eller apotekare är en viktig del av att läkemedlet följs




    tramadol pris

    tramadol 100mg

    imovane

    köp tramadol i Sverige

    ReplyDelete
  11. Medisiner er kjemikalier eller forbindelser som brukes til å kurere, stoppe eller forhindre sykdom; lette symptomer; eller hjelp til å diagnostisere sykdommer.
    Fremskritt innen medisiner har gjort det mulig for leger å kurere mange sykdommer og redde liv.

    reductil
    imovane
    imovane online
    köpa imovane i danmark
    adderall pris
    xanax Alprazolam 2 mg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taking your medicine as prescribed or medication adherence is important for controlling chronic conditions,
    treating temporary conditions, and overall long-term health and well-being. A personal connection with your health-care provider or pharmacist is an important part of medication adherence.

    imovane
    köpa imovane i danmark
    imovane 7 5 mg
    reductil sibutramine 15mg
    oxikodon pris
    tramadol 100mg

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your composing style, terrific information, thankyou for publishing.
    Archives
    eprimefeed.com
    Latest News
    Economy
    Politics
    Tech
    Sports
    Movies
    Fashion

    ReplyDelete